Oracle Database Appliance Review

Quick performance with all-flash memory, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

End User response time for Core Banking Application

How has it helped my organization?

By adding ODA in our infrastructure, it helps to spare time for other Adminstration & Research activities..

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the performance. Its a pre-configured device and you just plug and play..

What needs improvement?

It has limitations of Storage as well as network connectiivty over 10G Fiber.

We have been using the Oracle Database Appliance for about six years, since 2014.

The appliance is pretty stable.

It is scalable, although it only has two storage shelves available.  The total usual storage after RAID dual parity is between 12 and 15 TB.

Technical support is very good and the people are nice.

Prior to using the appliance, we had our Oracle Database installed on a Dell server. We had some performance issues with the system, which is why we switched.

The initial setup is okay. We just have to plug in the machine and set up the applications.

Although, the purchase contract have engagement of the vendors for its deployment and in PAKISTAN we at ZTBL is the first who are deploying the ODA. since its a pre configured machine so no special training is required for its deployment. Moreover, the expertise level of the vendor is satisfied.

By deploying ODA in your infra, you can spare time for other activities instead of resolving issues of traditional system.

Should go wiht ODA , breakup the cost of hardware, setup & Licensing, you will find that ODA is much cheaper than any other solution in terms of setup and operational cost

we had reviewed traditional system configuration like servers attached wiht any SAN storage. But the performance benchmarks we have with ODA is not avavilabe in other options.

What other advice do I have?

The Oracle Database Appliance is a product that I recommend. It is really good for small businesses where there are database-intensive applications that need high performance.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Other