Oracle Database Appliance Review

It has led to improved performance, it saves maintenance costs, increases stability and reliability and is a single vendor solution.

What is most valuable?

Configurable installation pre-defined templates are available to meet your requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Creating a VM on ODA could be improved.

We have been using the solution for two years.

There were no issues with stability.

There were no issues with scalability.

I would rate the technical support as 8/10.

We were using IBM P series AIX, using ODA ease patching, installation and support.

The setup was straightforward, as install and reinstall is configurable with predefined templates.

I recommend to get a discounted deal from Oracle, especially with the one time setup which was free.

We didn't really evaluate any alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

It is highly recommended in an environment where no Sys Admin, Infrastructure and Network Team exists. DBA can rack and stack with the easily performed installation.

X3-2
More Oracle Database Appliance reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Apache Hadoop
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database Appliance. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
465,339 professionals have used our research since 2012.