Oracle Database Appliance Review

​The solution has good stability and it is easy to work with.

What is most valuable?

The Oracle Database Appliance offers a pay-as-you grow model for Oracle licenses. This model allows you to only license the CPU count that you need, rather than the entire capacity. When virtualized, this is supported for both the database and the application tier.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has good stability and it is easy to work with. We quickly deployed both database and application workloads in a single appliance on a virtualized platform, based on Oracle VM

What needs improvement?

Customers cannot cluster multiple appliances together to create a larger cluster (beyond two servers), nor can they expand the internal disk storage of the system beyond two storage trays. This area can be improved.

I have used this solution for two years.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I would rate the level of technical support 8/10.

I previously used Fresh Install.

The initial setup was quite straightforward.

The pricing and licensing is worth it.

I did not really evaluate other options before choosing.

What other advice do I have?

In my opinion, if your organization is constantly evolving and looking for less infrastructure support/planning for virtualization, then this solution is a one-stop-shop and a nice product. If you are a mid-pace organization and can handle regular databases or Exacta, then you can skip this step.

More Oracle Database Appliance reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Apache Hadoop
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database Appliance. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.