Oracle Database Backup Service Review

Allows for partial restore of select tables and records

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to implement our company backup strategy. We take one full backup every week, and an incremental backup daily.we can use expdb utility to make a backup for entire database then we can restore only one table from all database dump its more than usefully for us . We use an on-premise deployment model.

What is most valuable?

This solution allows me to perform a partial restore, which saves me a lot of time compared to a full restore. For example, sometimes we only need one table, with only two or three records that I need.

What needs improvement?

Oracle is more expensive than any other database, so the pricing could be improved (reduce the amount for all new and old partners who use oracle)such as offer for them.

Technical support is good, but it can still be improved.

I have been using this solution for about ten years.

This is a stable solution.

This solution is scalable.

Technical support for this solution is good. When I need anything, I create an SR and send them all of the files that the need. There was only one issue that they could not resolve, where one of our files went down and could not be opened again.

I started with Oracle. However, I have also used MS SQL Server.

Setting up the Oracle Database Backup Service is easy. It takes approximately one hour to deploy.

Two or three staff, at the maximum, are required for maintaining this solution.

I can perform the setup, configuration, deployment, and run backups myself.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.