Oracle Database Cloud Service Review

Has good tables, indexes, and good stability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to submit grant and medical research grant applications.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I find most valuable is that it's been mandated by our government clients to use. We are not taking advantage of anything really in particular that it has. We're actually going through licensing issues and are looking to perhaps changing to another solution, something that is perhaps open-source.

What needs improvement?

I think the program is rather expensive, so I would like to see it becoming more affordable.

I've been using this solution for more than ten years.

It is a very stable program.

I am not sure but I believe the program is scalable. We have around 50,000 registered users on this program, but I'm not sure how many are using it simultaneously.

We've never used their technical support before.

I wasn't involved in the setup but I'll say it's pretty straightforward. I have installed a local version of the Express Edition locally, but I'm not involved with the server setup.

What other advice do I have?

This solution has the tables and the indexes that we need, so it's only the price that needs to improve. I will rate it an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Amazon, Cockroach and others in Relational Databases. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.