Oracle Database In-Memory Review

It scales really well.​​​

What is most valuable?

Performance. That's probably the number one.

When we use it for OLTP, which is the Online Transaction Processing, the response for the end-user is pretty fast, which is a good thing, especially if the user is looking at a website, the response time is really micro milliseconds as opposed to waiting a few seconds for that page to load.

How has it helped my organization?

I think it still goes back to the user benefiting the most out of this, it's basically a good customer experience, the product.

What needs improvement?

Nothing right now.

It is pretty stable.

It scales really well.

We had to scale it along with the rest of the ecosystem, not just this in particular, but the infrastructure as well. We had to scale both of them.

We had to involve them just because we ran into a couple of issues and they've been resolved in a timely manner. Pretty good.

No, we always needed something like this, and I've looked at Microsoft, they have a similar solution, I think they have something similar,

It's pretty straight-forward. It's actually more of an inbuilt core functionality as opposed to have us to go through an implementation process.

We did evaluate a few other vendors, but again this wasn't a product on it's own. It's part of the bigger ecosystem. So the decisions are for other reasons.

What other advice do I have?

Try it out first. See if it meets your expectations and go from there.