Oracle Database Review

Great performance, very easy to use, and extremely stable

What is most valuable?

The performance of the solution is impeccable.

The simplicity and ease of use is fantastic. Compared to other databases, it's not a complex tool to manage.

What needs improvement?

While working with 20-30 terabytes is okay using this solution, if you have Big Data, data that's much bigger than that, you will run into issues. It's a problem I have right now. They should support much more data.

Aside from that, the solution isn't lacking any features that I can think of. It's an almost perfect solution, aside from the data issues we face.

I've been using the solution for many years. It's been a long time.

The solution is extremely stable. There are no problems with it there. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or fail. It's completely reliable.

Scalability is a problem for us. We need something that can handle Big Data. By Big Data, I mean more than 30 terabytes of data. Anything under that, and the solution might scale okay, however, for us, scalability is a problem because of the vast amounts of data we need to work with.

Technical support is excellent. They're really great. I have no complaints in regards to the level of support they provide to us. We've been satisfied with their service.

I've looked at Axway Data, and it is a very good solution as well, however, it is a bit expensive and offers little support for very Big Data.

What other advice do I have?

We work closely with many integrator companies, however, we don't have a business relationship with Oracle. I'm a technical architect, so I just make some recommendations, and that's all.

I'd recommend the solution, so long as you aren't working with very very Big Data like we are. I could also recommend Axway, which I believe is also good.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Oracle Database reviews from users
...who compared it with SQL Server
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.