Oracle Database Review

Endless capacity and a stable platform; licensing formulation is unfortunately complicated

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as a customer database for our client so all customer information is available through this product. I'm a senior professional security compliance officer and we are partners with Oracle.

What is most valuable?

I like that the solution has an endless capacity, there are no limitations and it's a stable platform.

What needs improvement?

The licensing formulation could be improved; it's too complicated and very rigid.

I've been using this solution for a very long time.

It's a stable solution but there are bugs which I think is related to standards compliance. There are limitations in monitoring.

Technical support is somewhat limited.

The initial setup was complex. Compared to the implementation of Microsoft SQL, we needed skilled people to manage Oracle. Implementation took some weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is a good solution because it's easy to administer and manage but it requires the right skilled people. It's not ideal for our requirements but it's improving, whether it's encryption or security, I know they'll get there eventually.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

More Oracle Database reviews from users
...who compared it with SQL Server
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.