• Oracle ensures high level security by performing each transaction in isolation from others. The database management as well as user management of oracle is very effective
• Provides data consistency as well as data concurrency.
• Oracle database guarantees that the data returned by a single query is committed and consistent with respect to a single point in time.
• Supports very large size databases. So it is very beneficial for multinational organizations having billion of records.
• Oracle database ensures high level availability by providing solutions for fixing problems rapidly and minimize both planned and unplanned downtime. These solutions help enterprises maintain business continuity 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Room for Improvement:
• Due to its high cost, oracle is not the first priority for the organizations having budget constraints.
• A full time oracle Administration staff is always needed for the complex configuration of oracle.
• After installation, oracle drains lot of memory causing slow performance of system
• Oracle is not popular with open source code. MYSQL is a better option.
Oracle is a powerful relational database management system that ensures high level security, consistency and data concurrency. Oracle architecture is split between the logical design and the physical design. This structure means that for large-scale distributed computing, the data location seems local and transparent to the user, allowing for a more modular physical structure that can be added to and altered without affecting the activity of the database, its data, or users. The sharing of resources in this way allows for very flexible data networks whose capacity can be adjusted up or down to suit demand, without degradation of service. It also allows for a robust system to be devised as a single point failure can’t bring down the whole database across a network.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Feb 02 2013