Oracle Database Review

Its reliability and security are the features most valuable for us.

What is most valuable?

Its reliability and security are the features most valuable for us. We know we can depend on it and that it keep our data secure.

It's also a ubiquitous solution. It seems that OBD is everywhere. I know that knowing how to use it in one company will help me in my career at another company.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest improvement to our organization is from a security perspective. It just keeps all our data safe as an integral part of the company. It's our go-to database solution.

What needs improvement?

Although we're not using the latest version, there are some ODB tools that are quite cumbersome to use. For example, we often use the standard backup tool and have found it to be pretty cryptic. It's needs improvement in usability as it takes a lot of effort to use.

We've been using it since 1992.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It's stable. We haven't had any issues with instability.

We don't. I know it does, but we don't. We are a pretty small shop. Our data's small, so not really.

This is one of our favorite things about ODB. The support is pretty good.

I used another database and data storage system as a developer in a prior role.

It's a very complex product, and it takes a lot of skill and experience to implement it. It's a lot easier now, but back then it was like 75 floppy disks for setup.

What other advice do I have?

Consider an open source solution as well.