Oracle Database Review

The performance is valuable, especially when compared to MySQL or DB2.

Valuable Features

It's pretty impressive how much data we can manage and how fast we can do it with Oracle DB. The performance is also valuable, especially when compared to MySQL or DB2.

Improvements to My Organization

We handle vast amounts of data and we need to access it quickly. Oracle DB allows us to be able to do that. Again, that's impressive to us.

Room for Improvement

I don't like the user interface. I prefer to work with a console and proper lines, which, for me, is the easier way to operate Oracle DB. The current way that things are done is much more tortuous.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

Oracle DB has been very stable for us, especially since it has provides us with backups. But it needs people to manage it, so you have to pay attention to properly staffing it once implemented.

It's very scalable and, in fact, scales beautifully. All we've had to do is create more than one instance, which is very easy to do.

I had an ORA-0600 error which initially didn't "exist" because it wasn't mapping with technical support. It took them some time to resolve the issue.

The initial setup was easy and straightforward. It required only a few clicks.

Implementation Team

We implemented it ourselves at it was so easy to do.

Other Advice

I think it's the best database technology on the market. I recommend it to anyone considering it.