Oracle Database Review

It brings reliability and security to our environment.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features for us in our experience has definitely been the security and reliability it brings to our environment. We know that our data is safe and secure and that Database is incredibly stable. There's a peace of mind that it affords us.

Improvements to My Organization

Because it's secure and reliable, we can have confidence that we can just go on with business as usual. We're able to focus our efforts on more important aspects of our business instead of worrying about threat protection and lost data.

Room for Improvement

I've been very happy with the progression of the product. One thing I would like to see is a better feature set for pluggable databases, that is, the multi-tenancy of the database. It's still in its infancy at the moment and I'd like to see in 13c a big leap forward with better support for multi-tenancy.

Use of Solution

I've been working with Oracle databases for over 16 years.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

Database has always been solid. There's been a couple little buggy things at the beginning, because I was working with version 7, but from 8i onwards, everything was solid.

There's absolutely no problem scaling it. They give you plenty of options and a lot of best practice in order to be able to do that.

I've always been very happy with Oracle support. I think probably the one thing that I'd like to be able to have is more input into is the feature set for the next release.