Oracle Database Review

We appreciate the fact that Oracle Database is the industry standard for RDBMS solutions.

Valuable Features

We like and appreciate the fact that Database is the industry standard for RDBMS solutions. Because of this, we know that the product is constantly being developed and improved in terms of functionalities and stability. It's very stable and a very secure place to store data.

Improvements to My Organization

We know that it's an investment that gives us peace of mind. It's mature and has a broad community of users.

Room for Improvement

There are a lot of features that I'm just not sure of yet in their ability to provide us value. I'd like to try a rack implementation and a replication-type software, though I'm not sure of their ability to add value. A more specific area of improvement, would be in technical support. It needs to be better, especially for Oracle's flagship product.

Use of Solution

I've been working with it since the 90s, going back to 733.

We don't have any issues deploying it.

We haven't had any issues with crashing or downtimes or anything due to the product. It's been very stable, and there's not really even a thought of it being unstable.

Some of our bigger projects that are non-E-Business Suite, like SAP implementations, go up to five terabyte databases and there no problems scaling there. We've had no issues with inability to scale.

Technical support is definitely challenging as they are not always the most forthcoming with information, nor are they the most highly-trained techs when you open SRs. There have definitely been issues there, especially compared to the costs that you pay for the support.

Other Advice

There's always room for improvement, but we're happy overall.