Oracle Database Review

It's a database that's easy to recover if you need ways to restore and recover.

Valuable Features

It's very stable. It's a database that's easy to recover if you need ways to restore and recover, and I like the performance.

Room for Improvement

The feature that I would like is a way to grant select tables of one user to another without needing to specify each one separately, or creating a trigger to do this automatically. Being able to grant all privileges of some object or some schema to another schema would be good.

Also, I would like to have a better Export Data Hub. The old export allowed you to export remotely, and Data Hub is just locally using directories or a database link. I would like to have Export Data Hub using the SQL match instead of directories or another database. Just like the old export.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for around 10 years.

It's stable.

It's scalable. When I need to deploy other databases or other schemas, it's very easy to do. Now with the multitenant model, it's even easier.

They have this thing that you can only create a P1 for something that is harming your production. Sometimes I would like to create a P1 for other problems, but I can't, because it's something that is putting my company at risk. They are good in supporting us, but I don't like the policy of P1, P2, P3, or P4.

It's very easy to set up, not for someone who has never worked with it, but if you had a junior or someone a little more experienced than a junior, they are good enough to deploy.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I think it's very expensive when compared to the others. Depending on the size of the company, smaller ones will not choose Oracle because they can get fixed solutions or less expensive solutions. If I were Oracle, I would create a solution that would serve these small companies for a better price, maybe with a lot less options, but not as expensive as some other options.

Other Advice

I think security is a concern in the database, so you need to take care before granting some privileges to a DBA and it can become very easy to break. I would say to be very careful before granting permissions or configuring the database.