Oracle Database Review

All our financial data, as well as sales, revenue and all other data is there, and it's easily accessed.

What is most valuable?

Our backend Database is for JDE. Complete enterprise system runs on JDE Oracle Database. But the original, older v9 does support JDE the older platform because all our financial data, as well as sales, revenue and all other data is there, and it's easily accessed.

How has it helped my organization?

Everything, because we are the customer for database ... all our applications not only JDE, ERP or some third party applicants APK's also have the backend for Oracle. Because of the flexibility as well as performance wise and as well as data volume, we have huge volume stored. So, other databases cannot provide that kind of flexibility.

What needs improvement?

Right now, we are very happy. I mean, I don't know what R&D are doing. We are not any looking specifically for anything else. As right now what is available is great.

So far we didn't find any demerits, I mean false reproductions in the database.

So, it's running very well for us.

I've used it for 16 years.

It's very good because Oracle supports very nice and releases some versions and as well as technical support from Oracle itself is very good.

There was no issue with scalability. If you talk about database size it can store high volumes of data.

They are very responsive and as well as knowledgable. If you have any questions or issues, you can search the questions and find the answer yourself, without even talking to a representative. If there is something else they need to know, they call immediately.

It's easy.

What other advice do I have?

There's no other database that supports us like Oracle. My recommendation is, if you are starting a new system for example, I recommend a backend database because it's a universal support. Any applications you can use in the Oracle Database. For example, if you go for iSeries, it supports only db2. Oracle is not like that. It supports SAP, it supports JDE, it supports any. So, it's a universal database.