Oracle Database Review

The important feature for us is that there's no need to index the data.

What is most valuable?

In the past when we wanted to merge data, we needed to consider the series of the data, but with Oracle Database there is no need to index the data. That's the important feature.

How has it helped my organization?

It's been only two years since we introduced the database, so we are unable to identify a clear benefit yet.

Compared to its reputation, it's worse than expected. The system went down two times. It said that when there's a shutdown it's only for one system, and not both systems at the same time, but it actually did occurred.

Maybe it is specific to the way we use the databases, but we introduced Database to different operations in the organization. We didn't actually introduce Database to be shared among all the different departments.

We had improved the version of the operating system. We did a patching of the Database. They helped resolve the problem because we didn't experience similar issues again. We can say that they helped us.

We used to only use IBM Databases, and it really restricted our options. We wanted to broaden our options by introducing another Oracle system.

We contracted with Oracle without the maintenance agreement. We had actually built the organization that way since it was easier for us to develop. We really did not try to fit with the system. We tried to fit with the operations, so it was rather difficult for us to manage. We ended up having less memory.

We really didn't consider any other options because we need to have a major name as a provider. We need to exchange the maintenance agreement through the third party vendors. If it's a small name vendor, and we have difficulty receiving the maintenance support, then we need to provide maintenance on our own. We would like to prevent that situation from happening.