Oracle Database Review

Performance, Durability, Security.

What is most valuable?

• Performance
  • Durability
  • Security

How has it helped my organization?

For a long time I've been working as a performance tuner for Oracle and Java. The tuning of the performance is very important for me.

What needs improvement?

I want the price to be lowered.

Oracle solutions are the most used, so we don't need to do verification of the product on our own. We can assume that the product's reliability is high enough. Based on Oracle products we are able to run our own developed applications at very high performance levels.

What we do is that based on a certain understanding about the product speck, based on the maximum transaction we can assume for our businesses, we are going to decide the sizing and then we confirm the capability and we decide the threshold. Then after that we do the scale up. Based on the recent cloud environment, I cannot really say that it's easier for us to do the scale up.

The people who used to work in Oracle are responsible for the tentative troubleshooting at the 1st stage. Then if we need more further investigation, then we exchange the technical support contract. Based on that agreement they will provide us with support. Once we purchase the product from the Oracle, then they offer the knowledge. The structure of the knowledge is quite well-shaped.

What other advice do I have?

For colleagues who are in the financial business and are looking into what kind of product they want to use for their databases - I would recommend using the Oracle Database because in terms of the security and in terms of the audit process it's top notch. When it comes to audits, as long as we say we are using Oracle Database, then they give us a certain assurance. They're confident about it.

1 Comment
author avatarUser at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User

The Oracle Performance monitor tool is good for diagnosing performance issues.