Oracle Database Review

PCI compliance, high availability, and high performance are the features I most appreciate.

Valuable Features

I think that Oracle today is the most powerful relational database, especially for PCI compliance, high availability, and high performance. Those are the Oracle database features I most appreciate.

Room for Improvement

I am waiting for Oracle to provide an interface between NoSQL and the Oracle database, so I don't have to go deeply into NoSQL. I just need to have an interface between them; to use SQL language to check that NoSQL or Hadoop is not down, and so-on.

Use of Solution

We have been using it for more than 15 years.

The most important down time you can have for developers is when we upgrade from one version to another.

Otherwise, we have not had any stability issues, especially with 10g or 11g.

It's a very, very strong database.

It is scalable, especially with RAC. We can add more had more processors on the machine and through Oracle, I can use only part of the CPU on the server, so I don't have to pay too much.

Technical support is good, very good. It's a little bit expensive, but very efficient.

Initial setup is not difficult. For me, it's very easy, because I have a lot of experience on it.

The important thing with Oracle is that everywhere you go on Google, you see a million people have experienced the same problem. You always have something when you have an issue.

Other Advice

You should buy this solution. That's what I'm saying, in my company, a very big company. Every time someone asks, that’s what I say, because I'm involved with Oracle a lot. That's normal.