Oracle Database Review

Mature product means there are many who have the skills to use it

What is most valuable?

• It's a leading relational database brand; that makes it valuable
  • There's a good amount of knowledge on the market
  • Availability of skills
  • It's quite a mature product
  • Very advanced now
  • Market leader.

What needs improvement?

It is already a market leader. The latest comparison to products like SAP HANA, and in-memory computing, and container computing, container-based database structures; these are the areas where I think there is good competition.

I've been using it about 20, 25 years.

It's a very stable solution. You have to configure it to your requirements. It's one of the leading databases. You can have a mission-critical database system to make it available 24/7.

We have 24/7 platforms, from development databases to mission critical databases, they all run on Oracle.

Very scalable.

Good. Their normal ticketing system, their incident management system is quite responsive. All their large accounts have a technical Account Manager. You have your OCI, your Oracle Customer Identifier. Using your OCI, customers can put in their tickets, incidents.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it

More Oracle Database reviews from users
...who compared it with SQL Server
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.