Oracle Database Review

Performance is the key point for us, keeps us within SLA and increases customer satisfaction

What is most valuable?

• High availability
  • Performance

Those are the topmost.

How has it helped my organization?

Because we're servicing end clients, I need to have the SLA. The performance is the key point for us. When a customer logs in to the website, it needs to be within a few seconds, SLA. So that's how it's helping us, improved performance and, ultimately, gaining customer satisfaction.

What needs improvement?

Right now, the version that have is just one version lower than what's available. I'm looking forward to upgrading to that version, especially the container-based database. That's what I'm looking forward to.

There is always room to improve. New stuff coming in.

It is a very stable product, especially the RAC, node clusters, so if one goes down it's very seamless. You have other nodes backing it up.

It's easy to scale. You can add more memory, more storage. If you need to scale horizontally, you can add one more node. It's a pretty scalable product.

We use it when we have issues. It's pretty good. They have a very good support model. You create a service request and, depending on the priority, they call you back. It's pretty good support.

No, we've been using this one. It's a robust product, very solid; better features. That's why we chose it.

It was complex. It was all set up but it is very complex. Day in, day out, it's very complex work.

What other advice do I have?

The most important criteria for us when selecting a vendor are the support model and their willingness to work with us.

I would definitely encourage checking out this solution. Work with Oracle and you'll find out whether you can use it. They're pretty good at coming to your site and giving demos and all that kind of stuff.