Oracle Database Review

​The high availability and the performance are the most valuable features.​

What is most valuable?

The high availability and the performance are the top-most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

Because we are servicing the end clients, I need to meet the SLA. The performance is the key prize for us. When a customer comes in and logs into the website, that needs to happen within a few seconds for the SLA. That's how it's helped us; improved performance and, ultimately, gain the customer’s satisfaction.

What needs improvement?

Right now, we are on the version that is just one lower than what's available. I'm looking forward to upgrading to that version, especially the container-based database. That's what I'm looking forward to.

It is a very stable product, especially the RAC node clusters. If one goes down, it's very seamless; you have other nodes backing up.

It's easy to scale; you can add more memory or more storage if you need to scale. Horizontally, you can add one more node. It's a pretty scalable product.

We have used technical support when we have had some issues. It's pretty good; a very good support model. You create a service request and they, depending on the priority, call us back. It's pretty good support.

I did not previously use a different solution; we've been using this one.

Initial setup was complex; it's very complex work.

We decided to choose this product because it is a very solid, robust product, and because of the better features and so on; that's why.

What other advice do I have?

I definitely encourage checking out this solution. Work with Oracle; they're pretty good at coming to your site, giving demos and so on.

The top-most important criteria when I’m choosing a vendor such as Oracle is the support model and the willingness to work with us.