Oracle Database Review

The asset properties feature is the most valuable feature.

What is most valuable?

The asset properties feature is the most valuable one since none of the other databases are able to match this particular aspect. This product has the correct way in which asset transactions are being handled.

What needs improvement?

There is need for improvement in the Oracle support. We get good support only when we have severity in cases and otherwise it's really tough to get. Thus, they need to improve their support for the lower level programs.

For example, for the SRS over the weekend, there is no support available. Sometimes what happens is that these things are not business critical but those are the ones that are driving the business; we have to hold that.

We have not experienced any downtime. It is very stable.

This product scales well. Exadata, which is giving it, is a powerful machine in regards to storage and so on. For a single instance, we need to have good hardware underneath; only then, it can scale. However, it's doing quite well if we have that.

Oracle support is really good. If we have some issues, we open a case and we get good support from them.

What other advice do I have?

You should use it. I would recommend it.

I would also recommend to do some certification programs so as to get the best out of this product and get a detailed exposure of the core issues.