Oracle Database Review

Delivers High Availability and reliable database functionality

What is most valuable?

• Reliability of the database
  • High availability

What needs improvement?

It is good as it is. I've seen the product evolve over a period of time so it is great as it stands right now.

There's always hope for improvement because it's getting bulkier and bulkier. I wish that it would get a little smaller, smaller inside the footprint.

The only other thing I can think of is, perhaps, a voice control command.

It's always been stable and we believe it will continue to be stable.

In my organization we don't have the need for scalability as much because we are a fixed size. We grow very organically so scalability is not an issue for us.

Absolutely, support is huge for us, to be able to get the best quality support. They are pretty reliable. We have good Oracle support, direct Oracle support. OTN (Oracle Technology Network) we use them a lot, so Oracle support and the online, those two.

In terms of getting to the right person, sometimes it's a hit or a miss but mostly, eventually, it works out.

No, this was the first solution that was implemented. It has stood the test of time, always a good thing.

It's straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to choosing to work with a vendor we look for the value proposition. Price to performance, the ratio, that is the biggest thing to look at.

Oracle Database is value for money.

Choose the vendor, horses for the courses. Choose the right vendor and just move forward.