Oracle Database Review

Some of the valuable features are Oracle Wallet and Data Guard. We are also using the GRANT feature for high scalability.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us in terms of the higher scalability, higher response time, and good performance with the other features. It is also stable.

The I would give the stability a rating of 8/10.

It's highly scalable, I would say.

We did use technical support. You just call Oracle support and they are good.

We have been using Oracle database for a long time. We prefer Oracle database, because it is more stable and has lot of support for most of the application. When looking for a vendor, I look to see if it a stable solution, if it has good support, and if the initial installation is well-documented.

The setup gets complex sometimes, when you don't use the products that are supported. If I used REL, versus Oracle Linux, you get no support on Oracle Linux, rather than REL.

We couldn't go for Oracle Linux, because we have everything on REL. That took time to setup.

We chose Oracle because it has more features than the other products. The integrations points are easy. It is better than many other products because it has better integration.

What other advice do I have?

I think they'd need a little bit of training, but once they know the ins and outs, it is more robust. As long they have the training, and understand the basic architecture, and then it is easy to use.