Oracle Database Review

We are more organized and make less mistakes using it, but it is very expensive

What is our primary use case?

We are using the database mainly at the hospital, where I work now. We have been working with Oracle Database to save all the data related to the patients.

How has it helped my organization?

Using the product, we make less mistakes, are more organized and faster than if we did it any another way.

What is most valuable?

• Stability
  • Name recognition of the database in the world, as it is maybe the best one.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of bugs in the Oracle Database, and it would be better if the bugs would be solved more quickly than they are today.

The bugs could be anything. They could be related to any problem. For example, we had a problem with the physical standby, and the bugs had already been there for a few years in the databases, but not solved in the newer versions.

Since we moved to Linux two years ago, it has been much more stable. We were very happy that we moved.

We are already working in Iraq. We also bought Oracle Database Appliance, and we are happy with that product too.

In general, the support is not good since most of the time the person whom you are given to is not so professional. Though, the last time that we had a big problem with our Database Appliance, we received support from Oracle US, and it was much better.

It is not so straightforward, but it is not so complex.

The price is very expensive for the support.

When I started to work at my company, they were already working with Oracle Database.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle has a very good database, but it is very expensive today, and there are a lot of competitors.

Main criteria for selecting a vendor:

• Name
  • Release of new versions
  • Stability.
1 Comment
Hamza BoudUser

Im using oracle with my basic knowledge its been about 4 years and I think that oracle DB is a great product,
with pluggable DB, datapump utility, alerts, speed, etc..
except the princing wich is so expensive.

21 January 19