Oracle Database Review

Whenever we need to add new space it is easy to extend and increase our performance

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable about this solution is reliability. Whenever there was a problem, like hardware that failed, the data was still okay and not corrupted and that is very important for us.

I am also really impressed by the scalability of this product. For example, whenever we need to add new space, Oracle makes it easy to extend and increase our performance. We don't have any corruption issues and we can add new space and without having to restart our database.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement in the upgrade process. Sometimes it's very complicated to upgrade from one version to another. We are currently running the Oracle version 12 and we may need to upgrade in the future. These upgrades are not very simple and should be made more user-friendly.

If it could be more affordable, it would be a plus. Because the product is very expensive.

We've been using this solution since 1995.

The stability of Oracle is absolutely perfect. We've had no problems since we started using it in 1995. One time we had power problems and we had to restart the server. The data was automatically corrected and reconstructed, without any problem at all.

Oracle is very scalable. We have no issues with that, even though we have a large database. We currently have about a hundred users.

Oracle has a support portal where you can get help and where they issue you a support ticket. It is, however, expensive.

We are using Oracle mostly for digital business data. But we are also running Microsoft SQL, mostly for simpler, small applications. Microsoft SQL is also a good database and our company's second alternative for SQL data storage. As a second option and for minor applications, we use open source, PostgreSQL or MySQL.

The initial setup was really complicated and complex. We always use our partner for installation and then we prepare and analyze install scenarios. Then we go through the approval process and start with the installation. I believe the process is complex and complicated when you have a large database. For smaller users, it will be simple, but for most production data, this process is rather complicated.

Oracle is expensive, but very good. You get quality for the price you pay.

What other advice do I have?

The enterprise Oracle Manager is very good. It is an expensive solution, so I will rate this product a nine out of ten.

More Oracle Database reviews from users