Oracle Database Review

Has good performance dynamics and is stable, scalable, and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

My use case is a lot of banking solutions. Data sometimes is static in nature, but in a majority of the cases, it is dynamic as well. Oracle database is a focalization database.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Database has good performance dynamics with respect to oncoming data and fetching of data which gets loaded. All of the same processes are done by a system database administrator or even user initiated financials.

I've found performance streaming to be a valuable feature.

It is also a stable and scalable solution.

It is easy to install and easy to use as well.

What needs improvement?

They need to work on non-relational data a bit more. If Oracle Database can support non-relational data streaming, it would be great.

Pricing could be improved as well.

I've been using it for more than 10 years.

As for the stability of this solution, it's a hundred percent reliable.

Scalability differs depending on the schema created in Oracle Database to access the database artifacts. For example, in a normal recessional database, which does not have much centralized or decentralized schema, scalability can be very high. However, in cases where there is a centralized schema, the scalability has to be defined by the database administrator.

Our whole engineering team currently uses this solution.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate technical support at 9.5.

The initial setup is very straightforward, and Oracle Database is very easy to use.

The licensing is on a monthly basis. Improvement in pricing would be nice.

What other advice do I have?

When you are into domains such as NIC, BFSI, retail, and account switching, then Oracle Database is definitely your best option. There are some aspects of Oracle Database that need improvement, but it can still be considered a good solution.

All in all, I would rate it at nine on a scale from one to ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Oracle Database reviews from users
...who compared it with SQL Server
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.