Oracle E-Business Suite Review

Flexible, stable, and not difficult to set up

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for many things from procurement to payment. We have a lot of models and it is used extensively in finance as well as HR.

I have been a user and I have also worked as a system auditor.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its flexibility. You can create a lot of modeling solutions for a single activity. Many different approaches can be used to solve the same problem, so it is not rigid. Any time we have a group discussing solutions, I am happy because if a person has a different view then it doesn't matter because it can be geared towards a common aim or goal.

There are a number of forms and tables that come with it and once you become knowledgeable, it is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The reporting needs to be improved. I think that there are times when you have to build too many custom reports in order to achieve what you want. This comes out of the fact that it is so flexible because if you don't go by the standard, in terms of the implementation you choose, then it means that you have to come up with a lot of reports. I have seen some of the reporting that they are now doing through Hyperion, which is very nice, but I don't know if it will solve the problem.

I have found that when somebody is not experienced with Oracle, it is difficult to use.

I have been working with the Oracle E-Business Suite for close to 10 years.

In terms of stability, it is a very good system. I would rate the stability an eight out of ten.

We have sent requests to Oracle for technical support when we've had issues. They haven't been able to solve all of our problems, but most of the time, they were able to help us.

Over time, I have used several versions of this same product.

While I was not part of the initial setup, I did have the opportunity to work on another one. For me, I did not find that it was difficult. I think it's a question of one's knowledge of the system.

We had implementors come on-site to assist us with the initial setup.

I provide technical support to the HR department.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is not to go with Oracle if you don't have much knowledge about it. In other words, don't buy the system based on the presentation by the marketing team. It is a very good system and I attest to it, but you need to have some personal experience with it.

Have extensive discussions about your use cases, requirements, and what everything is going to look like. Also, you should have a team that understands the system before you buy it. Don't buy Oracle with the idea that you'll want assistance. Although it's a good system, you need to be cognizant of it before implementing it.

12.1.3
More Oracle E-Business Suite reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Oracle HCM Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Oracle E-Business Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.