Oracle E-Business Suite Review

A powerful suite of business tools that help with many ongoing processes

What is our primary use case?

We have been using this as an enterprise solution for many things including for financials, for supply chain, for sales, for maintenance, for manufacturing, et cetera. You name it. It helps us with many business processes.

What is most valuable?

As we have been using this for the past nine years we have had the opportunity to explore the product. Really everything has worked well and all the modules are very good. The financial parts are very good, the sales part is also very good, the maintenance of our supply-chain is meeting our requirements. It has been very helpful and it is hard to separate out one thing that is better.

What needs improvement?

After the announcement of the cloud products, the on-premises products from Oracle are not garnering as much development attention. Some of the new features that used to come to us earlier before the cloud product are now coming at a slow pace. So we want Oracle to work on the on-premises product in parallel with their cloud product. E-Business Suite should not fall behind.

What I want to improve about this product is the user interface. In some of the modules compared to recent, cloud module releases do not have a very nice look-and-feel because they are letting the on-premises product age. Compared to the advanced cloud modules, this product has some rigid look-and-feel for the user experience.

We have been using the Oracle E-Business Suite for about nine years.

I am satisfied with the stability of most of the Oracle products which we are using right now. The problem is not the stability but a lack of new development.

I think the E-Business Suite is very highly scalable. Right now in my organization, we have around 1000 total users. We have been increasing usage over the years and have plans to increase usage going into the future. We are going to continue to use the on-premises product in the future because it is not easy for us to migrate to any other products. That is primarily because it is a huge implementation here.

We do have experience with the product technical support. Whenever the support is assigned to India, we are not satisfied with it because we do not get quality support from teams in India. But whenever that support is assigned to any other country — that may be from the US or any European country — the support is phenomenal. When we reach good support they know the product very well and the experience is good. That is where I think the Indian resources are a bit concerning. The support from them really takes a lot of time.

We were using another product nine or ten years ago. It was a very old product made by IBM. That was AS/400.

I think the initial setup is done in a very smart way. It is not very complex. If a person is technical enough to do it, it will be easy for him or her. If someone is not comfortable doing the installation, it will be difficult for him or her.

The deployment was about nine years back, so I do not remember everything exactly. I think it took us around two to three days. What I consider deployment may have a different definition for some people and may not be the same definition for me. As long as by 'deployment' it means just the installation and initial configuration, then it is just a few days. When it comes to setting up and finalizing all of the business requirements and going live with the system, it took us four to five months.

We used a consultant for the deployment. It was from an Oracle partner in Pakistan.

Even though we used the services of a consultant, we have an in-house support team. We do not require any support from outside and no longer require or include any external vendors. So we have a team of around 25 people supporting this application.

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give to others who want to start using this product is that, in this day and age, you need to first evaluate different products. At the very least you would want to compare the E-Business Suite with the other Oracle cloud products.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the Oracle E-Business product at an eight-out-of-ten.

More Oracle E-Business Suite reviews from users