Oracle E-Business Suite Review

Now that we've implemented Fusion, with powerful competencies, it's simplified the goal-management process. But, it's too large for a small company like ours.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature is definitely the ability to go in as a manager or as an individual and do everything in one place, for example, to add/change/remove a goal.

Mandating a goal plan was a really good idea because it forces you to actually think about it, and it makes it easier at the end of the day for a user.

The ability to see the goals and move them over to next year in one place is really great. They can copy, extend, and delete all in one place.

Improvements to My Organization:

We've only been playing with it less than a year - so not long - but it forced us to be able to have a change in management. It is really helping management to have a conversation about goals.

Previously, goal management wasn't something we did well. Now that we have implemented Fusion, with powerful competencies, it's simplified the process. At the end of the day, the goal thing was awesome.

Room for Improvement:

The account executive was good, but when it came to training HR, it really failed - on this point I'd rate Oracle as 3/10.

The webinars are OK but they definitely didn't hit the target.

This application is so large for a small company like ours, so it was very hard to train everyone with such an extensive product.

Use of Solution:

We implemented it this year.

Deployment Issues:

Getting everyone on-board was a tad slow, but there were no major pick-ups, and all was well for the most part.

Scalability Issues:

No issues encountered.

Previous Solutions:

We had other Oracle products, but I can't remember which ones.

Initial Setup:

It was seamless and went very well.

Implementation Team:

We use a vendor who is really great.

ROI:

For us it's high, because now we can focus on gathering the right amount of info about our information.

Other Solutions Considered:

We did, but I can't remember which ones.

Other Advice:

I like the new version as it's easier to manage. The problem is that the timing is bad - they did quite a bit of work to the goals feature, and changed it around quite a bit. For me, it's hard work because I need to train everyone to use but it's much more fluid and easier to navigate.

We needed a lot more training and best practices for a small company. Oracle hasn't done a good job preparing best practices for small companies. However, it's great for goal management.