Oracle E-Business Suite Review

It's a comprehensive solution that enables us to manage customers, customer service, finances, projects, HR, and other business operations. Cloud implementation would make it much easier to begin.

Valuable Features

It's a very comprehensive solution that enables us to manage customers, customer service, finances, projects, HR, and other business operations. It adds a lot of value for us because it gives us solutions to all these areas.

Room for Improvement

There are a couple of areas for improvement, I think, which are implementation via the cloud and they need to bring down the price. Cloud implementation would make it much easier to begin, and the price is a little high.

We didn't have any issues with deployment, but, again, it would be better if we could implement that solutions via the cloud.

It's a very stable product. We haven't had any issues with instability.

It is very scalable and we've had no issues scaling it for our needs.

The technical support personnel are knowledgable, but I feel they're too aggressive and kind of pushy.

E-Business Suit setup was complex, but I think that every Oracle product has a complex setup. It wasn't easy and it wasn't straightforward. In fact, it took us one to two years to complete the setup.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Oracle scales the pricing, but E-Business Suite is still very expensive for small to mid-sized businesses. I heard that this is a common complaint throughout the market for these sorts of solutions.

Other Advice

Make sure that you have a very solid project management plan prior to implementing it. Be sure to assess your timeline, duration, and everything else that's relevant to successful implementation and actually using the products. It really, really helps if you have a solid assessment performance done prior to starting the implementation.

2 Comments
IT Manager at a governmentReal User

This review was basically accurate. The implementation was complex. The Oracle SR process is tedious and time consuming. I feel this area would benefit greatly from increased effort on the part of Oracle. Still evaluating putting EBS in the cloud.

20 September 16