Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle E-Business Suite Review
When we buy Oracle's different products, we look to see how they integrate with different modules. With E-Business Suite, they all talk to each other.

Valuable Features:

It's out there in the market and the suite of products seem to cater really well to the business needs of our organization. When we buy Oracle's different products, we look to see how they integrate with different modules. With E-Business Suite, they all talk to each other.

So E-Business Suite is kind of one solution, and it's also a well-known product. It's highly stable and we get great support for it.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's very stable, which directly affects our business from an assets and support perspective. It provides us with purchasing, financial, procurement, payables, and order management modules. These are all business assets for us that E-Business Suite directly affects.

Room for Improvement:

The Oracle support site needs to be better. We go to it for pretty much any sort of issue we have, and I'd like for the search capability to be  improved. Sometimes I can get as good if not better results from Google compared to the Oracle site.

Also, there have been issues where we've had to play with E-Business Suite to develop custom fixes because the solution itself isn't precisely catered to our requirements. We're able to get it to work, but it would be nice to not have to customize our own fixes so much.

Deployment Issues:

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

There have been instances of instability, and we've been able to resolve those with custom workarounds from either the Oracle support site or from simply Googling the answers.

Scalability Issues:

We haven't had any issues scaling it.

The support site is the only bad thing I've seen with Oracle. Unless you type in the exact right words, you don't get the right answers.

I think its quality seems to have gone down a little bit compared to the way it used to be when I started working when I always had good support.

Initial Setup:

I am more on the development side so I didn't install it. The initial setup was done by OBPS. It seems that because it's a popular product, we can find answers on the support site. For my part, development for it has been easy.

Other Advice:

I think it's the leader in financial software. I've talked to people who aren't Oracle fans, but who like E-Business Suit anyways. It's a very good product.

1 visitor found this review helpful
86b3b574 6646 4734 af6f 9e7b60532206 avatar

1 Comment

86b3b574 6646 4734 af6f 9e7b60532206 avatar

We use Oracle EBS for your day to day ERP business. Most of our custom applications are laid either on R12 or 11i including SOA suite.

Like (0)20 September 16