Oracle E-Business Suite Review

Oracle has now made taxes a separate module for E-Business Suite, and with it, the tax team knows exactly what they have access to and what issues they need to fix.

Improvements to My Organization

We had an issue in which access should be made by the tax team and not necessarily the team entering the transaction. Oracle, however, has now made taxes a separate module for E-Business Suite, and with it, the tax team knows exactly what they have access to and what issues they need to fix. The tax module allows us to set up rules for the tax team to better do their job.

Room for Improvement

We've proposed many changes to Oracle. For example, we'd like to be able to customize a single specific piece of E-Business Suite without having to customize the entire structure. I'd also like an auto-review function so that we're able to see certain information without accessing it only if the management team asks us to.

Use of Solution

We've been using it since 2004.

We've had no issues with deployment.

The stability is really 50/50 right now. It could be issues with certain pages or data, or it could be a training issue on our end.

It's scaleable. Oracle provides pretty good data plans for E-Business Suite so that you can customize using Java if you want.

The level of technical support depend on which analyst I'm getting through to. Sometimes they're pretty good, and other times they just throw their hands in the air.

The initial setup is pretty good now. Every page has help associated with it.