Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle E-Business Suite Review
We use it for our financials, and like the intuitiveness of the solution. I'd really like to see Oracle move away from the old forms entirely and go with the new.

Valuable Features:

The best feature is that EBS provides a look and feel that's easy for our functional users. We use it for our financials, and the intuitiveness of the solution is very good.

Improvements to My Organization:

We've seen a lot more cohesiveness in our organization since we started using EBS. Our work blends together well with is and it's not so fragmented anymore. There's definitely been an increase in the efficiency of our man-hours, as well as a reduction in the amount of time we need to manage the financials.

Room for Improvement:

The product is pretty good, but it incorporates both old forms and new HTML/Java-based pages. I'd really like to see Oracle move away from the old forms entirely and go with the new. Currently, there are certain things, like entering a purchase order, that you can do in either the new or old way, and they each work in completely differently. And, sometimes there are bugs in one that's not present in the other. I'd like to see an across-the-board transition to the new pages.

Use of Solution:

We were early adopters and have been using itĀ for over 10 years. It's constantly evolving, which is nice.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

It's pretty stable as we keep up with the latest and greatest versions. My boss is really big on patching and upgrading.

Scalability Issues:

It is pretty scalable. Right now, we're doing iExpense and iAsset, so we're always building upon it.

The level of technical support depends on who you get. Sometimes they'll lag along and we have to keep prodding them and babysit the ticket. Sometimes I'll have to get my boss on the thine to scream at them. Other times, they're really responsive. So it varies.

Initial Setup:

The complexity of the setup depends on what we're doing. When we upgraded to R12, the setup was painful. It depends also on consultants, functional leads, and others involved. So the setup is not just about the product itself. Also, because we were early adopters, we experienced a lot of bugs that hadn't yet been worked out, and some of the consulting at that time wasn't the greatest.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it with a combination of our in-house team and outside consultants.

Other Advice:

My main piece of advice is to make sure you have all your testing scripts. Make sure your functional users test before implementation.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle E-Business Suite?

Our experts can help. 233,024 professionals have used our research on 5,881 solutions.