Oracle E-Business Suite Review

The integration of the various modules within E-Business Suite is the key feature for us.

Valuable Features

The integration of the various, different modules within E-Business Suite is the key feature for us. For example, we use Payables, Assets, and GL, to name a few.

Improvements to My Organization

Because we're using out-of-the-box features, it's given us efficiencies in our operations. For instance, the way we use iExpress for paying invoices is an out-of-the-box functionality. We haven't had to customize anything, yet we've been highly successful in using it.

Room for Improvement

Oracle tends to be slower when it comes to bringing flashy functionalities than other, smaller entities can deliver. For us, we were eager to see a smartphone app, and now it's available and we're ready to implement it.

I learned from PeopleSoft that they already have OFAC as an engine within the product. EBS doesn't have it yet, and I wish they would because then I can integrate OFAC with my supplier database without a third-party tool.

Use of Solution

We've been a user of Oracle since 1996.

We've never had any serious issues. There have been a couple of scenarios where we were told ahead of time of a change or update over a weekend and that we might experience issues because of it.

We've had no issues with instability.

It's scaled sufficiently for our needs.

Technical support has been good. We haven't had any problems with them.

The initial setup was complex from our perspective because we were new to all Oracle products at the time.

Implementation Team

We ended up going with an outside firm to do our deployment of EBS. We just simply provided data at the time because we didn't know much about Oracle. Over time, we've become experts in some areas.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's an expensive product, though worth it for larger businesses.

Other Advice

It's not intended for smaller entities because it's costly. For large organizations like ours, its ability to handle our data volume with stability is, for us, a perfect match.