Oracle E-Business Suite Review

I like how it's standardized across our organization. It's got the same look and feel all over.

Valuable Features

I like the fact that it encompasses our whole business: everywhere from our manufacturing to our supply chain, our order cache, our whole financials -- just everything.

Improvements to My Organization

I like how it's standardized across our organization. We don't have one user with a different experience with a different system. It's got the same look and feel all over. You learn to use Oracle in one area, you can easily learn if you change positions. That's one nice thing off the top of my head.

Room for Improvement

I think it would be nice to see some streamlining of the process. There's a lot of screens to go through, a lot of levels to get down to. I see that in purchasing, I see it in accounts payable, and even AR to a degree. Sales orders is another one. When entering transactions, there are multiple tabs and multiple levels, so you can kind of get lost, especially for our new users. It's not so intuitive.

Use of Solution

I've been working with Oracle for almost 20 years now.

Ours is pretty stable, and it pretty much has been from day one.

We haven't really grown all that much as far as users or transactions that go through. It's been pretty steady, so we haven't needed it to grow by leaps and bounds. As years go on, we're getting more and more transactions in there. When you go and search something, it's been able to keep up with all of that.

There have been years where it's not so good. Honestly, in these last 5-6 years, it's been pretty solid. I've always been able to open a ticket, and if I can't find the answer myself in my Oracle support, then the ticket gets resolved fairly quickly and to a resolution, so that's nice.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I think one of the things is having Oracle in your organization requires a deep check book. It's a lot of money, and it continues to be a lot of money over the years. It's a big long-term investment.

Other Advice

It takes a lot of staff to run it. Not only do you have your Oracle staff that supports it, depending on your organization that can be anywhere from 2 to 10 people, it also includes your departments as well. Your AR, your accounts payable, and all of your finance and cost management and all of those people are required. It takes a good staff to make it work.