Oracle E-Business Suite Review

The modules are tightly integrated. We have Finance, HR, Supply Chain, and others.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is that all the modules are tightly integrated. We have Finance, HR, Supply Chain, and others. Because they're all integrated, HR data, for example, is available in the Finance and Supply Chain modules. It's an enterprise system, so integration is the best feature that it has.

Improvements to My Organization

We can efficiently access data from one module in another when necessary. This provides us with transparency of data across our different business segments.

Room for Improvement

I think the main drawback and complaints are related to the UI. It needs modernization and more user-friendly-ness. Compared to other webpage interfaces, the Oracle screens are not user-friendly, so they need to improve it. I do think, however, that Oracle is spending more time with the UI of new versions, but there are so many places where they're still using old-looking UIs.

Other areas of improvement are better and more tightly-integrated reporting tools. Most reporting today is done outside of Oracle, meaning we have to buy a third-party tool. It would help us if Oracle had a better, integrated reporting product.

Use of Solution

I have been working on it for almost 20 years.

We have no issues deploying it.

It's stable. We haven't really had issues with instability.

It's scalable for our needs and we've had no issues doing so.

Technical support is not the best and have to keep pushing. There have been a lot of times when we keep calling to get prompt support or escalations to a manager in order to get better support. This is an area that has deteriorated over time as we used to get better support. I don't know why, but with the number of clients increasing, the level of support has dropped.

The initial setup was definitely not straightforward. One reason is because we've customized the product and it's not as-is. We have so many customizations and interfaces and reports and other things, that we have to make sure that they all work with the new versions. And that takes time: for example, we did an upgrade two years ago from version 11 to 12.1.3. This was an eight-month process for us from development to testing to production. So this was a huge project.

Even when Oracle releases patches just to upgrade maybe one module, we still go through a testing just to make sure everything works. We don't just blindly put it in production because we have seen a lot of issues. We have faced a lot of issues earlier when we put up bad patches, something stops working, and then we have to fix it again. We just make sure that we test that patch before we put it.

Other Advice

It does the job. It's what we are looking for. It has a lot of features, and Oracle is constantly upgrading and adding things to that, so it's a solid product, but there is always room for improvement.