Oracle E-Business Suite Review

The initial setup was pretty straightforward, and we didn't start out with any customizations or anything like that.

Valuable Features:

It essentially runs our business, from our financials to manufacturing to supply-chain to planning instances. They all tie together with E-Business Suite to keep our business on track and running.

Improvements to My Organization:

After we migrated to Oracle EBS from PeopleSoft, we had a little bit of a learning curve adopting new technology with a new look and feel. But our users have really latched onto it and learned it, and it matches up pretty well with our business process and what our users expect to be able to do.

Room for Improvement:

The biggest area for improvement would be in the area of user adoption. After we did our first upgrade and went through the whole process, our users hated Oracle. So my biggest complaint would be the lack of Oracle support for end-users to resolve their issues after that first upgrade. It just wasn't a good experience.

Use of Solution:

We implemented it back in 2012.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

It's been pretty stable. Any issues that I've seen are just day-to-day, normal issues. Every now and then we might see performance issues which are easily solved with a good team of DBA who can usually diagnose the problem. From the software perspective, there are patches available when we run into bugs and other issues.

Scalability Issues:

We've had not had to scale it up at all.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was pretty straightforward, and we didn't start out with any customizations or anything like that. I think it was pretty straightforward, getting that business process around it.

Implementation Team:

We had our hosted partners and DBA team install it. I think a lot of things we had to match back were business processes from our ERP. Whatever ERP you're going to pick, there's going to be little hits against it. There are going to be a lot of things it does well and a lot of things it doesn't do so well. We seem to match up pretty good for what we're wanting to accomplish with it.

Other Advice:

Advice depends on what your business is. If you're a financial company, you might have different requirements. For a manufacturing company, like us, it seems to be the best fit for what we want to do. Again, it's your requirements and what you're trying to get done with it.