Oracle E-Business Suite Review

Valuable Features

The integrations make it convenient for users as they only have one software package to take care of all their processes. I think that's important from a support perspective because it's like just one piece of software and we don't have to deal with different vendors. Support-wise, you don't want to talk to so many systems which interface between one vendor and another. If it's internally integrated, that saves us a lot of travel. A lot of times another problem happens during interface. Now we don't have to worry about those things with E-Business Suite and the full integrations of all the component modules.

Improvements to My Organization

It saves on cost, time, people, and human resources. It's just a very efficient solution for us.

Room for Improvement

We have some real difficulties with upgrades. Every time we perform an upgrade, we put a lot of effort into it. We perform a lot of testing, we bring in outside help, and then afterwards there's a lot of maintenance within the first few months of each upgrade.

Once we get past the difficulties and complexities of the upgrades, it deploys fine. We don't have any big issues with deployment after that.

It's a very stable product. We don't have issues with instability.

We see scalability issues when we use the Financial Statement Generator. We're in the process of moving to version 12.4, but we've had a lot of issues with FSG. With our data growing, we've seen performance deteriorating quickly. Some of the reports takes hours to generate, which, to me, is a scalability issue. We're hoping that the newer version resolves the issue, but that's yet to be seen.

Technical support is pretty good most of the time. Sometimes, though, I feel that they're throwing me the standard questions just to try and delay. I think those questions are unnecessary.

I do the setups in production, and afterwards, I'll do the support. It can be complex.

Other Advice

For me, technology-wise, it's great, and I would recommend it.