Oracle E-Business Suite Review

It is an integrated solution and it is stable.

Valuable Features

It's integrated. For any ERP solution, that’s really where the value comes in; just one solution to cover a whole bunch of areas and having the integration.

Use of Solution

I have been using it probably 20 - 25 years.

It is very stable. From an internal standpoint, nothing is going to drag it down.

We did recently have an issue with the supplier network, Oracle Supplier Network, where some certificates were changed that caused a brief outage for us. But that's the exception, not the rule.

It is scalable. We're not a huge company but we haven’t had any issues with that. I have run it at much larger organizations with no issues there.

Technical support is mediocre. It used to be a lot better. The last 10 years or so, it's degraded, where it's hard to get an expert that can really help. It seems to be, a lot of times, their preference is just to get it back in your court and not necessarily help but put the onus on you and hope that you take a few days to respond and then it'll auto-close.

Initial setup is complex. I think any ERP is going to be a complex setup. That's just the nature of the beast.

Usually you'd have a partner that can add the bandwidth. I know we did an upgrade about three years ago. We had a partner come in and help us with that. It's a probably nine-month project, end to end, to do a major upgrade from 11 to 12.

Other Advice

When I start working with a vendor such as Oracle, expertise is a requirement that I look for. Ultimately, it comes down to the team that you're getting from that partner. I always say the best partner in the world still has a B team, and the worst partner in the world still has an A team. Your job is to find that A team in whatever partner you choose.