Oracle E-Business Suite Review
Everything is done electronically, so the process is more transparent and accurate.

Valuable Features

It is paperless; all of the human resources transactions, all of the travel expenses, all of the procurement. No paper; everything is done electronically. The process is more transparent, more accurate, very cost saving; then, high availability.

Room for Improvement

For ERP-wise, we would like to measure employee performance more; what projects they work on, how many hours they spend on each project, to provide employee performance metrics. I think something is missing there. We would like something like that.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for two years.

We have some glitches. We have some application server memory issues that generate huge Java dump files. Then the workflow process is broken because the mail server goes down periodically.

Our company is a fairly small company; we only have 800 employees. We don’t think in the next five or 10 years that the growth will be phenomenal. That's why our current setup will be sufficient.

Support is very good. We also have a management service provider. We work with a company called Emtec that provides management services. Because our IT team is fairly small, we need extra help. They do a good job.

We didn't have a consolidated ERP system, so that's why we migrated to Oracle ERP. We had several small applications working together; the integration is really a challenge.

When we select working with a vendor such as Oracle, we like to choose the industry leader, because the company will be there for a long time. They have the reputation, they have the knowledge, they have the full suite. With some companies, one part of the product is very good, but they don't have the whole solution. We want a one-stop shop to solve all of our problems.

Initial setup is very, very good; straightforward.

Implementation Team

When we implemented it, we used another company, AST. Their two-year contract has ended, which is why I chose Emtec. Overall, AST did a very good job. They do the job from scratch: so many app servers, so many test environments, dev environments, and production environment. We use Hyperion; we use BI; we use the EBS. That integration is very complex to understand, initially. Overall, we understand the whole thing.

Other Advice

I recommend Oracle’s E-Business Suite, of course; it’s a no-brainer.