Oracle E-Business Suite Review

Administrators can apply patches on the fly with minimum downtime, however customization deployment is complex

What is our primary use case?

EBS r12.2. can be used in many industry  like oil and gas, energy, construction,health and care industries to implement Purchasing,HR,Finance modules in it.

How has it helped my organization?

It was complex to follow HR processes, such as leave application, approvals, and job applications. Now, they are integrated and managed from only one screen.

What is most valuable?

Online patching, which lets administrators apply patches on the fly and with minimum downtime to make it active.

What needs improvement?

Deployment of customization is complex, thus nobody is using it. Instead, we are deploying the same code on both filesystems (fs1, fs2). In order to follow standards, the deployment process should be as easy as before, in R12.1.

More than five years.

No, but you have to apply latest technology patches after base installation.

Yes, while using Shared Appl_top, you have to use NFS or related technology. But if your admin apps node fails, the second node cannot continue without the primary node. Manual interaction is required.

A seven out of 10.

It was easy.

Do not enable any module that you do not use. Check them and disable, if necessary.

No, decision was already made before the project.

What other advice do I have?

If your requirement is not so complex, give a try. For smaller ERP solutions, Oracle EBS is a complex solution which has complex requirements.

R12.2.4
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner .
More Oracle E-Business Suite reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Oracle HCM Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Oracle E-Business Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.