Oracle Eloqua Review

We use Multipub and Salesforce, and is pulls in the information of all our customers from those systems.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature for us is that it integrates with our CRM content management system. We use Multipub and Salesforce, and Marketing Cloud pulls in the information of all our customers from those systems. When we create our segments, we don't have to manually pull in lists. So when we create a segment, we can just use the information that's already integrated within our system.

We don't use it to its fullest capacity, but when we purchased it, we wanted to use it for its marketing capabilities. It's got a lot of step capabilities, and there's a lot of if/then functions. When you send an email and if a customer opens that email and makes a purchase, we know it. And if they then do nothing else, we can send a follow-up email.

Improvements to My Organization

It has a lot other marketing capabilities. We try and incorporate a lot of those features, but I have to say that we're not always the best at it.

Room for Improvement

When we moved over to this new company, we kept all the data from the other companies. Our reporting features now are completely useless because we have all this data from the other company. We can't delete data as there's no bulk deletion tool. We're losing and wasting a lot of time trying to run reports and getting information. That's why we're switching instances.

Switching these instances has been particularly painful. When you read on the message boards and community forums, you hear that same feedback. It's really very difficult to go from one instance to another instance.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for well over three years.

We've had no issues with deployment, other than the switching instances issue.

It's a stable solution. We've had no issues with instability.

It is scalable, and that's one of the reasons why we're switching to a new instance. We were a company that had several other companies and we got bought by another company.

The technical support staff are very knowledgeable, but we have to push them to get back to us when we create service tickets. I don't like the fact that we can't call them. According to our contract, we can't call without having a service ticket, and I don't like that.

But our project manager is wonderful. Once I tell her that someone's not getting back to me, she will then get someone on it. That's been fantastic, but it shouldn't have to be like that.

Setup has been over four months now and it has been painful. To be honest, I wasn't involved in the initial setup, only in just sending out regular emails, which is partly why this switch-over has been painful. I needed questions answered and they weren't getting answered.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We pay a pretty penny for Marketing Cloud. For what we're paying, I would expect the service to be a little bit better and would expect to be able to call in to get some support.

Other Advice

So far we've been very happy with it. We're a smaller company. It definitely depends on the size of the company, what backend you have. If you're using Salesforce, I would definitely say it's great. I think it depends on what you're using.

There are so many email systems that we've used, but it's great in terms of what it can do in the area of marketing capabilities. If you're not looking to do that and if you're just looking to send out mass emails and not getting the recording features that it offers, not looking to do those marketing steps, then there's no need for it.

1 Comment
Robin GuptaUser

what could be strength and weakness of Oracle marketing cloud?

30 April 17