Oracle Eloqua Review

A key feature is the great support of extremely large databases

What is most valuable?

The main value of this solution is its support of really large databases. If you have five million customers, you're not going to be able to use HubSpot or Pardot, it'll be Eloqua which has always been known for really huge databases. Nobody buying Eloqua is going to be running on SAP or some minor database, they'll be running on an Eloqua database.

What needs improvement?

This product hasn't kept up to date on features; they haven't adapted to or adopted newer ways of doing business. In addition, it's a very expensive solution. As a result, they're losing market share.

Our customers have been using this solution for 11 years.

I actually think it's too stable in the sense that there's nothing new there. They recently came out with a new interface, after having the previous one for 15 years. That's unheard of in hi-tech. Unfortunately the new interface was quite buggy.

It's scalable up but not scalable down because of the cost, meaning that if you need to scale down it becomes very expensive.

We had a support guy come to a user's group meeting last week; he was extremely helpful, and he was very open and honest. I'd give them a pretty good rating on support. The fact that they even let this guy go to a user's group meeting and give a speech was something; there are companies that wouldn't do that, so good for them.

The initial setup is complex which is why our company survives; we're hired to deploy these products because they're not easy to use and Eloqua is probably the most complicated in that market.

They charge in different ways for the license. It can be related to the size of the database or number of users. In 2019,the basic version cost $2,000 a month per user. The standard version was around $4,000 per month per user and there is also an enterprise version.

What other advice do I have?

This solution can be used in the cloud or on-prem. Often, medical companies and government agencies are not allowed to use the cloud so they go for the on-prem version.

I would rate Eloqua an eight out of 10. They would get more if it wasn't so expensive.

More Oracle Eloqua reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Salesforce, SAP and others in Marketing Automation. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.