Oracle Enterprise GRC Manager Review

This is a good product that allows us to easily build databases as well as to easily monitor them.

Valuable Features

Room for Improvement

I work mainly with 11G, and while it's a constantly improving product, I'd like to see it as a cloud-based offering to help with storage and memory. This is something that I'd like to learn more about and which would probably be beneficial for us.

Use of Solution

I've worked with it for the past 17 years and there's just a high comfort level with it that I have.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

It's stable. We haven't had any issues with instability.

We were looking into upgrading to 12C, but right now, we're at 11G.

In the couple of times we've had to contact technical support, they were real responsive and got back to me as quickly as possible.

The initial setup is real easy. It doesn’t require a lot of questions. The GUI helps you through it and makes sure you know what you're doing, so I like the product.

Implementation Team

We implemented it ourselves. It was pretty straightforward with the GUI.

Other Solutions Considered

We chose this because of the stability but sometimes you run into bugs in the lower versions and it's easier to upgrade to keep the system stable. We also looked at MySQL, which is the most popular and the most stable and we do have SQL servers so it's a mixture of both.

Other Advice

You should pick something that's easy to use, provide easy monitoring, and which is easy to teach others to administer.