Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Review

RMAN backup jobs can be created and all the database instances can be monitored from one place.

What is most valuable?

There are lot of features in this product that I like. Among them are that RMAN backup jobs can be created, and that all the database instances can be monitored from one place. Tablespaces can be monitored and data files can be added when required. Also, it's easy to generate ADDM, ASK, and AWR reports.

How has it helped my organization?

In my organization, the RMAN backup jobs are configured through this product. Also, we have test, prod, UAT, and QA servers. All these database instances are easy to monitor from this product.

What needs improvement?

I think the help file should include more in-depth documents for the user to collaborate with all aspects of the product even if they haven't had product training.

I have been using it for three years, and before that I used Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control.

Once, after migrating the server, we had an issue of not being able to start it. We wanted to restore the OEM12C to another server, but the process was so complicated and the testing was not successful. Later, we were able to continue with the previous one.

We have had no stability issues.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

The level of customer service and technical support are good. I understand the product is highly technical, so sometimes issues need more investigative time.

I used Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control and switched because this is the updated version and it's in the cloud. There are a lot of benefits behind using the cloud, and we wanted to take advantage of using the cloud through this product.

The initial setup was straightforward since we followed the setup guide, which was easy to follow. However, in some cases we faced some issues, but they were easy to figured out.

My company implemented it through a vendor team before I joined. Since the product was new and very few people had advanced knowledge of the product at that time, they preferred to implement it through the vendor team.

What other advice do I have?

The product is good for monitoring all databases, but in some cases it's not easy to maintain. For example, if the server crashes and we need to restore the monitoring system, it's very complex. This product is very good for monitoring purposes as well as for cloud databases.