Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Review

It helps to monitor many of the different targets and resources.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control (EM CC) is the best product for monitoring many of the Oracle databases and other Oracle applications such as Siebel, E-Business Suite, WebLogic.

The product has a common user-friendly interface which provides simple maintenance and administration tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

The Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM) helps to monitor many of the different targets and resources.

It is a flexible system for metrics and for the notifications that inform the DBAs and system administrators, before the occurrance of a problem.

What needs improvement?

I think EM should be able to monitor new products from different vendors. I would like to have unified monitoring interface to monitor other software and hardware, for example: AIX operating systems, including IBM-specific features (HMC, LPAR parameters), disk and tape storages, some optical switches and other enterprise production hardware.

I have been using this solution for about a year.

We did encounter some stability issues but many of them were fixed.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

I would give the technical support a rating of about 7/10. This estimation is true for the Oracle support in general.

I used some open-source products, like Zabbix. I moved from the open-source products over to Oracle EM because it has many embedded metrics.

This product has a simple installation. All of the steps are described in depth in the Oracle documentation and I didn't have any problems with it.

From what I know, Oracle EM CC requires the Oracle Diagnostics and Tuning Pack license if you want to monitor Oracle databases.

Oracle EM is a unique product, i.e., if you need to monitor many of the Oracle products in detail.

What other advice do I have?

My opinion is that this product must be used in companies that have many Oracle databases.