Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Review

Compared to other monitoring products the user interface is very clear but the setup is very complex

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to run Oracle databases and to monitor them. It can do everything.

What is most valuable?

Compared to other monitoring products the user interface is very clear. It sends clear notifications.

What needs improvement?

The on-premises installation is complex. It should be easier, especially for deploying agents that are running on a Windows machine that is running Oracle databases. It's very complex. Linux based machines aren't so complicated but it's complex for Windows.

I have been using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control for over a year.

I haven't had any issues with stability or scalability.

Oracle support is always good.

I don't handle sales but I know that it's very expensive, especially when it comes to support.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Not a ten because no product is a ten. It has everything that I need. It gives me some problems with the deployment. The initial deployment should be more simple.

If you have a lot of Oracle infrastructure, I would recommend this solution. My advice would be to read a lot of documentation about the deployment. Get an expert to help with the deployment. It can be very complex with an enterprise manager. It can be a waste of time trying to figure out all of the features.

Hybrid Cloud