• Provides a platform for tuning multiple databases and scheduling of multiple tasks.
• Monitors database health and performs regular monitoring.
• Used to administer multiple networks and services from multiple locations.
• The Oracle environment, including database servers and application servers can be administered
• Very useful for oracle database administrators. Because DBAs are required to create new user, manage database backups, adding tablespace and data files. Oracle Enterprise Manager offers database administration functionality that helps simplifies the routine tasks of database administrators.
• The graphical interface of Oracle Enterprise Manager provides ease of use to database administrators for managing routine tasks including scheduling of database backup using RMAN.
Room for Improvement:
• In a large organization with large number of targets, managing systems on an individual basis can be time consuming and difficult.
• Upgrades/Patches Installation and implementation timelines can be extensive as each and every system must be upgraded one by one.
Oracle Enterprise Manager is a set of system management tools from Oracle that are used to monitor the Oracle environment, automating tasks to make database management easier for business. Enterprise Manager uses web based architecture and its HTML based console can be accessed from anywhere through browsers. Oracle Enterprise Manager provides complete, integrated solutions to achieve the level of business service quality required of enterprise applications, tools for managing configuration, performance and availability, and when combined with other management packs and plug-ins, it provides the means to achieve end-to-end management of the entire application infrastructure.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
May 01 2014