Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

Gives us the real monitoring and alerting we need to monitor our database ecosystem from one tool

Valuable Features:

Real-time monitoring we can quickly find the session or queries that are causing issues.

Improvements to My Organization:

With our different platforms running our databases like UNIX, Linux and Windows it becomes difficult to support manually with different type of scripts. With different types of database versions like 9i, 10g and 11g it helps to have one tool that can support them all.

Room for Improvement:

One thing I would like to see is the option of agent less monitoring. I would also like to see monitoring only at LDOM level so if you are using Solaris zones you only monitor at LDOM level.

Use of Solution:

I've been using OEM since version 10g which would have been since 2007.

Initial Setup:

The setup is straightforward the installer guides you during the installation. The installer also has pre-checks to make sure your system is ready for installation or upgrade. For upgrades you have the option of a 2 step system for if you want to move to another server and OS at the time of your upgrade from older versions.

Other Advice:

I would recommend that you try OEM, it can monitor many different products and it has been well designed. When monitoring database performance in real-time I have yet to see another product that can do it as well as OEM.
4 visitors found this review helpful
2 Comments
IT Manager at a tech services companyReal User

Hello Javier Ruiz,

Thanks for detailed review!

As you mentioned in Other Advice section that OEM can monitor many different products, so can you please let me know which are they, so others can leverage benefit from your thoughts.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Bharat

01 February 14
Database Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employeesConsultant

What alternative solutions you have used beside OEM and in which area of customer support you are seeking improvement?

03 March 14